In mimOOkids, we believe that it is not necessary to destroy our planet in order to dress our children. We are committed to a positive environmental & social impact. We use only hiqh quality and 100% certified sustainable materials sourced in the EU.
Help us to do make a difference!
Local & ethical production in Barcelona
We design and produce 100% in small family owned factories in the surroundings of Barcelona. We like to be near to the production process and to know the Persons, who made our clothes.
- We reduce the transport ways and the green footprint to bring the items to you
- We save 40kg of CO2 emission in each item producing locally
- We support the local economy
- We guarantee fair working conditions and the protection of basic human rights as health, security and freedom
- We collaborate with social projects
GOTS is the Global Organic Textile Standard and is the most demanding certification of organic textiles worldwide. The GOTS certification guarantees that a product is completely organic, from the harvesting of raw materials to the full finish of the fabric and also safe & fair working conditions for farmers. The cotton farmers certified by GOTS receive fairer prices and deliver in more reasonable time spans.
When purchasing organic clothes from mimOOkids, you ensure yourself sustainability at the highest level, social responsability and textiles free of toxic, carcinogenic, endocrine disrupting or environmentally harmful chemicals. All our organic fabrics are GOTS certified.
Global Recycled Standard
The GRS is the Global Recycled Standard, an international, voluntary, full product standard that sets requirements for third-party certification of Recycled Content, social and environmental practices, and chemical restrictions.
The goals of the GRS are to increase the use of Recycled materials in products and reduce/eliminate the harm caused by its production,
The GRS provides brands and consumers with a tool to make informed decisions and assurance that materials in the final product are actually Recycled and processed more sustainably. The Global Recycled Standard is intended for use with any product that contains at least 20% Recycled Material.
Oekotex Standard 100
The Oekotex Standard 100 is an independent testing and certification system, the world’s leading product label for textiles from raw materials until end products at all stages of production. Testing for harmful substances includes: ilegal substances, legally regulates substances, known harmful (but not legally regulated) chemicals as well as parameters for health care. The requirements cleary exceed existing national legislation.
When purchasing Oeko-Tex Standard 100 certified clothes by mimOOkids, you assure that the garments are completely free of harmful and allergenic chemicals. Through extensive product control and regular visits to textile manufacturers, Oeko-Tex ensures responsible use of chemicals. All of our mimOOkids garments are Oeko-Tex certified.
Evolutive & durable clothing
We design time-less, grow-with-me and durable items to decrease the textile consumption. The whole collection is evolutive and has a grow-with-me concept. The items have been designed to last longer than normal, from 1 to 2 years.
- Extra long sleeves & legs
- The cuffs & hems can be rolled up
- The designs are uni-sex to mix & match
- The cutting patterns are loose and adapt themselves to different heights and body forms
Our organic cotton is extra soft, sourced in the EU and treated with care in our local factories.
- Hyperallergenic for sensible & atopic skins
- Saves more than 2500l of water in each item
- More sustainable growing with 0% of pesticides and 0% toxic chemicals
- The dying is not toxic and bio-degradable
- Extends the life cycle of the cotton fields and makes the growing more sustainable
- GOTS & Oekotex 100 certified
Our Recycled cotton blend is the most sustainable and lowest impact yarn of the world. 5% of the world’s waste is textile. Of this textile trash 95% could be recycled to produce new, upcycled clothes. The supra-upcycling, tech-advanced process of Recover transforms textile waste into new textiles with high quality yarn.
- Hypoallergenic for atopic & sensible skin
- NO water used, saves 2800l in each item
- Uses 0% of toxic chemicals, 0% of dying chemicals
- Needs 0gr of pesticides, 0gr of fertilizers to cultivate this cotton
- Reduces 20kg of CO2 emission due to local production in Valencia, Spain
- Global Recycled Standard & Oekotex 100 certified
Our mimOOkids colours are the unique result of the mixture of Recover recycled yarn and virgin, organic and non-dyed cotton. Each fabric is personalized and has a its own character.
Our mimOOkids natural buttons are simply beatiful. Laser-graved with the mimOOkids logo.
- Natural, sustainable olive wood
- Extra big for easy use
- Made in Spain
Bio-based vegan leather
Our original vegan leather labels are a mimOOkids classic. The washable recyceld paper gives a vintage look to each item & gets older and more authentic with each washing.
- Animal friendly, vegan leather alternative
- Bio-based on recycled paper
- Washable, gets a soft touch after washing
- Made in Germany, EU
Save the oceans with mimOOkids and say NO to plastics. We don’t use conventional plastics in our fabrics or packaging to transport it to you or our stores. Our transport packaging is bio-degradable & when possible recycled.
Hang tags from organic residue
Our brand new hang tags are made of organic residues from Almonds & Lavender. This creates a natural range of colours. The colours & touch are just amazing!
- Made using process residues from organic products to replace up to 15% of virgin tree pulp
- 40% organic residues from post-comsumer recycled waste
- 60% recycled paper
- Paper made in Italy, Hang tags printed & cutted in Spain